This year I decided to throw out all of those normal new year resolutions and make yarn resolutions!
You know the ones, the same ones everyone makes year after year – eat healthier, lose some weight, join a gym, not buy any more yarn. (Where’s the fun in that last one? The stash monster must be fed!) Yep, all of those, I threw them out the window, with perhaps a bit too much glee. Yarn/fiber resolutions though?? I feel like I can actually accomplish those, and have lots of fun checking them off.
So here are my fiber related resolutions for 2016:
1. Spin some more fiber in the new year! My spinning wheels and drop spindles could use a good dusting.
2. Finish a cardigan. (I have two going, I wonder which one will get finished first. Ink and Every Last Yard, in case you’re curious.)
3. Travel some place to new, take some great photos and create some new colorways! (Hey, that’s still yarn related right??? I need some new inspiration.)
4. Release my own pattern! (It’s on its way!! Watch for it in February.)
5. Make yarn related gifts for everyone on my list next year.
6. Start EARLY for number 5!!
7. Jump into the world of natural dying.
8. Learn at least one new technique in the new year. Maybe Brioche? Maybe toe up socks? What are your suggestions?
Right now though, I would be happy if I could just finish this stole before the end of the year!
Do you have any yarn or fiber resolutions for 2016? I would love to hear them!
Leave a Reply